Practical and Proven VTOL Design and Engineering
Is What Sets JPA Apart from the Rest
At JPA, we believe personal VTOL vehicles should be designed from the ground up. For over fifty years, technologists have tried to create a personal flight craft that is small and simple to operate, yet dependable and robust. JPA is the first company in the world to successfully demonstrate a production grade, proof of concept personal VTOL solution. Our turbine powered JetPack is so safe and reliable, it is the only personal VTOL vehicle to receive FAA approval for a public flight!
Our Team has years of engineering experience designing, building, testing, and flying small and affordable VTOL systems ready to meet the demands of any industry. Our products offer next generation VTOL solutions for commercial, entertainment, and government agencies as well as private clients seeking custom and/or discrete services.
There is no other team of engineers with more practical experience or deeper knowledge of the science and art of personal VTOL design. JetPack Aviation stands at the forefront of this nascent and exciting field.
We created the JB series JetPacks to unlock the technological and ergonomic nuances of personal VTOL powered flight.
On November 9th, 2015 JetPack Aviation made aviation history when our CEO David Mayman flew around the Statue of Liberty in the world’s first FAA approved JetPack flight. Additional public flights in Los Angeles, London, and Monaco left no doubt that people of all backgrounds, interests, and experience are thrilled by our Man/Machine achievement.
Now, the JPA Team is delighted to offer a variety of entertainment opportunities for aviation fans everywhere:
- JetPack promotional flights for commercial clients
- JetPack Top Gun Experience Center where anyone can feel the thrill of personal flight
- JetPack Advanced Pilot Training for certification on our most powerful turbine jetpacks
- JetPack STEM days (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) for pre-college studens
- JetPack Racing League. Our team of pilots will perform breath taking air shows.
In April 2016, JPA entered into a Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA) with the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM). By achieving the challenging goals under this agreement, we’ve proven that a small, powerful turbine powered vehicle can efficiently, dependably, and safely meet rigorous operational demands of our nation’s most elite Special Operations Forces (SOF) and industry partners.
We applied the most stringent engineering principals to this phase of development and succeeded on every objective including:
- Trained a NAVY SEAL Special Warfare Operator – in tethered and free flight – under our CRADA with SOCOM
- Demonstrated ease of flight without prior pilot experience
- Created rapid operator training program
- Achieved operational compliance within FAA guidelines
- Maintained a 100% safety record with no operational failures or accidents
David is our CEO, principal VTOL pilot, and the driving force behind JetPack Aviation. He holds a commercial pilot’s license for helicopters and fixed wing aircraft. David is also a serial entrepreneur having created several successful start-ups in the digital, media, and management consulting sectors.
Nelson is our Principal Designer and VTOL visionary. He is widely recognized for his early work with H202 powered VTOL rocketbelts. Nelson is also the recipient of three Technical Academy Awards from the Motion Picture Industry for his pioneering work with gyro-stabilized camera mounts.